MV and LV architecture selection guide for buildings
When designing medium and large buildings, the choice of electrical distribution architecture has a decisive impact on the installation performance throughout its lifecycle.
This chapter explains the main electrical and environmental characteristics to take into account, proposes some guidelines and recommendations on architecture selection, and some assessment criteria to compare different architectures. It also explains how to minimize the power losses with the barycenter methodology, as explained in the standard IEC 60364-8-1 "Low voltage electrical installations - Energy Efficiency"
Chapter D - Contents
- Stakes of architecture design
- Simplified architecture design process
- Electrical installation characteristics
- Technological characteristics
- Architecture assessment criteria
- Choice of architecture fundamentals
- Choice of architecture details
- Choice of equipment
- Recommendations for architecture optimization
- Example: electrical installation in a printworks