Power harmonics management
Harmonic currents in the network affect the quality of energy and are at the origin of many disturbances as overloads, vibrations, ageing of equipment, etc ... This chapter covers the origins of harmonics, their effects, how to measure them, and presents the solutions to mitigate these harmonics.
Chapter M - Contents
- Detect and eliminate harmonics: why?
- Definition and origin of harmonics
- Essential indicators of harmonic distortion and measurement principles
- Harmonic measurement in electrical networks
- Main effects of harmonics in electrical installations
- Harmonics standards
- Solutions to mitigate harmonics