Power Factor Correction
This chapter provides technical knowledge reference about reactive power and power factor correction techniques: definitions, why and how to improve the power factor, power factor correction equipment types, where to install this equipment, impact of harmonics on capacitor banks etc ...
Chapter L - Contents
- Power factor and Reactive power
- Why improve the power factor?
- How to improve the power factor?
- Where to install power factor correction capacitors?
- How to determine the optimum level of compensation?
- Compensation at the terminals of a transformer
- Power factor correction of induction motors
- Example of an installation before and after power-factor correction
- The effects of harmonics
- Implementation of capacitor banks