Metering system - usual point of measurement for Ventilation
From Electrical Installation Guide
We propose here below some guideline to define the points of measurement according to the energy use and the required breakdown of the measurement (the breakdown means how the energy use consumption will be reported, it can be reported as building global consumption or consumption per floor or area)
For mechanical ventilation, fans are the main consumers.
Data to collect according to consumption breakdown:
- Global consumptions: aggregations of each fans consumptions
- Area consumptions: calculations according to m² ratio
Method of measurement
- Without Variable Speed Drive (VSD): electrical meter or hours counter if the power rating is regularly checked.
- With Variable Speed Drive (VSD): electrical meter or embedded meter in the VSD
Usual point of measurement locations:
- Fans feeders, group of fans feeders or group of VSD in the main electrical switchboards or HVAC switchboards