MV back-up generator
From Electrical Installation Guide
Main characteristics to consider for the implementation of an MV back-up generator:
- Site activity
- Total power of the installed loads
- Sensitivity of circuits to power interruptions
- Availability of the public distribution network
The preferred basic configuration does not include an MV generator. Certain factors contribute to installing an MV generator:
- Site activity: process with co-generation, optimizing the energy bill,
- Low availability of the public distribution network.
Installation of a back-up generator can also be carried out at LV level.